Saturday, March 24, 2012

Say a little prayer for the young brother that got killed
Say a little prayer for the loss that a mother has to bare
Say a little prayer for the men held captive
Say a little prayer for the armed forces that fight for our freedom daily

Say a little prayer for the families that has had to bury countless family members
Say a little prayer to the child that got hit by a stray bullet
Say a little prayer to the men being beaten by police brutality

Say a little prayer for your enemies, for they know not what they do
Say a little prayer to the young angels being carried home way too soon
Say a little prayer to the souls all around the globe, for without prayer where would we be

It is a shame for the countless lives that have been stolen by violence
Whatever happened to having a simple disagreement or argue by debate
Why must we bury our young, I was always told that the child was to out live their parents
Guess in today's society that just is not the case

Lift up every voice and raise your fist
and lets pray a little prayer for you and for me, for him and for she, for those that have been lost and those that are sick We pray this little prayer for them

"The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in the green pastures:  He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:  And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever." ~Psalm23





No comments:

Post a Comment