Sunday, March 23, 2014

Proud dad rant...

Dad is the one that is suppose to show you how to be a man; how to treat a woman, how to throw a ball and how to tie a tie.  I hold this true and pride myself on being a good dad.  I think there is always room for improvement; as we weren't made to be perfect, so every little free time I get I try to spend with my kids and on days I don't I talk to them via text, IM or phone.  The bond is true. I tell them every day that I love them and when they're sleep I kiss their foreheads and whisper daddy loves you.

As we embark on this new adventure with my kids growing up, my oldest has decided to play baseball.  I couldn't be prouder.  I never had a chance to go shopping for uniforms and sporting equipment with my dad when I reached the age of 10, so I never really got into sports...it was all about the books and technology.  But I try to find different activities to do with my kids so that we can bond on many levels like horseback riding, traveling, etc.  I joke with my kids, watch tv shows they like, and pretend to be a big kid sometimes but that's just me.  Now my middle child is saying he wants to play basketball and my youngest wants to be in dance and become a cheerleader and play baseball like her big brother.  I love my kids and will die for them.  Even though they call me mean dad sometimes and I give them hard times when they wait til I sit down after I already asked if they were hungry, to watching me fix lunch and then say can you make us something to eat lol.  I still will move mountains for them because they're my world and I couldn't imagine a day without them. This has been another proud dad rant, thank you for listening...

No comments:

Post a Comment