Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Struggles

Struggles
Struggling with the decision, do I stay or do I go
Enjoying my life but wanting so much more
To be able to travel and see the world
 recapturing my youth and those faint dreams once more
a town full of good and bad memories to one of a new beginning
What would become of me by leaving my family
My life has been nothing near easy
Learning to love only to lose it
 meeting long lost grandparents only to lose them
Being hurt only to hurt you
Crying over health concerns of our loved ones who would imagine
Why do bad things happen to good people
I said my prayers and tried to live a god fearing life
As a man we are taught to keep our feelings bottled up inside in hopes not to be called little bitches
The struggles of a man you have no idea, holding the world on our shoulders and not being able to trust many with even our littlest secretes.
I struggle every day to be the man I’m suppose to be
A provider, a leader, a father, a husband, a son and even your best friend
The walls seem to always feel like they are closing in, but with God on my side there’s nothing that I can’t accomplish
So with that being said here’s a prayer burnt on my chest for you to always remember
“God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.”
By Tracy Kelly Jr.
June 6, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment