Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Reflection


As I sit here contemplating my next move, my mind moves to a scene of reflection; reflecting on my past and reflecting of my present, and the possibilities of where I could be as well as where I would like to be.  I began thinking about several things in my past that lead me to this point within my life and I can't help but wonder how things could have been had I not made certain decisions, some good and some bad.  For instance, I am sitting here with a set number of student loans that I have to pay back.  I can't help but think had I not transferred from a community college where I received multiple grants to taking out a bunch of loans at a 4year college were worth it considering I am not even in my field of study. 

In any choices that you make it is very important that before you act on your instincts to do a little research first.  Write down all of the pro's and con's of that decision and then do a little more research.  Talk to someone that has gone through the same decision making or is going through it so that you have another outlook on what can happen. That saying "I wish I would have known then what I know now" is so true.  We have all been in the instance where we weren't thinking about the later outcome, but instead wanting the right now satisfaction.  It is an epidemic of today's society which is why so many people are in debt, divorced, and stressed.  Let me leave you with a quote

“Reflect upon your present blessings -- of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” Charles Dickens


No comments:

Post a Comment